Social media is becoming a standard channel for instant communication and internet marketing. One increasingly popular part of social media is online video. Corporate and business websites are particularly paying close attention to online video. It is a new way to engage your customer audience. Online video builds brand legitimacy, educates your customers, and gets them interested in a highly effective way. Not only is video being used for advertising, but it’s also becoming a common method of communicating and sharing the benefits of your product, service, or business.
Educate, Entertain, and Engage
Many corporate and business websites are unaware of the benefits of corporate online video. If you are considering using online video for your business, here is a brief compilation of my top 10 favorite benefits of corporate online video:
- Customers watch video more than they read text on a web page. Having a video there to supplement the text increases the effectiveness of the web page.
- Builds brand legitimacy and makes your company appear more authentic, which increases leads.
- Boosts site traffic because your videos are found in social video channels like YouTube and Vimeo.
- Adds personality and a personal touch by showing the face of your company’s top executives or sales agent.
- Educates potential customers of the benefits of your product or service.
- Showcases your value proposition in an entertaining way.
- Improves the efficiency of internal communication with training videos, how to tutorials, and updates to company policies.
- Increases rankings on search results because search engines prefer rich media content like online video.
- Creates communities around your company culture who follow your video releases.
- Makes marketing messages and corporate content more “shareable” and viral.
Of course, there are many other benefits. Do you use online video on your blog or website? What are the benefits (or hurdles) you’ve experienced?